It’s November 17th and in 2 weeks it will be #GivingTuesday (December 1st)! Whhhhhaaaaaa?!?!? Don’t worry, we’re here to help this be a successful and stress-free launch.
We wanted to share a few tips on the email and social media outreach you should be doing now, in preparation for the big day. This is crucial to ensure maximum participation from your organization’s supporters!
Without further ado, here we go…
Email Schedule and Themes:
You should send at least one email out this week (preferably Wednesday or Thursday between 10 AM and 3 PM) reminding your supporters of the big day, especially if you haven’t announced it yet. Here are some ideas for themes:
- Put out a call for peer-to-peer fundraising champions. This is the most important email you can send. Direct them to your campaign and the “Start Fundraising” button. OR ask our Customer Success team for help “Recruiting Fundraising Champions” right to your campaign.
- Introduce the idea of #GivingTuesday and reference your campaign. Make sure to tie it to your mission.
- Tell a stewardship story (with images) and finish with an ask around contributing to your #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Highlight specific projects or programs that #GivingTuesday gifts will help to enhance.
- Go with a “Thanksgiving” or holiday themed email and tie into your #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Other ideas plus a full schedule can be viewed here: https://info.givegab.com/giving-tuesday
Important: Make sure that each of your emails has a very clear, single, and obvious call-to-action that links to your #GivingTuesday campaign or page on https://givingtuesday.givegab.com. We recommend a large button centered at the bottom of your email or a bolded link.
If you need help with this email our Customer Success team OR click on the “?” icon on our site.
Social Media Schedule and Themes:
Social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and GiveGab of course are great outlets for sharing small bits of cool stuff with your supporters leading up to #GivingTuesday.
We recommend posting at least once a day this week, in each social channel that you leverage. Here are some ideas:
- Share stories of your champion supporters doing great things for your cause.
- Share pictures of your supporters doing awesome things.
- Talk about programs that will benefit from #GivingTuesday.
- Stewardship gives people the warm and fuzzies… share how past gifts have created awesome results for your organization.
- Take an #unselfie – https://twitter.com/hashtag/unselfie
- More ideas as well as what hashtags to use are listed out in detail here: https://givingtuesday.givegab.com/info/social-media-guide
Other Marketing and Outreach Ideas:
What else besides email and social media postings can you do? Well, let’s get creative:
- Host a #GivingTuesday party at your organization. Provide lunch and bring folks in to chat. This is a great way to provide amazing stewardship – to talk about your recent successes, provide a personalized gathering, etc. Record a video of your supporters or have them take #unselfies when they are there!
- Hand out your own prizes. Figure out fun ways to engage your supporters for increased participation. Provide fun prizes from local businesses.
- Ask people to create their own Vine videos talking about how they love your organization. Ask them to post those to social media outlets leading up to the day.
You can do this! We’re here to help you fundraise like a pro!
Questions? Email us!